Agedo Karate Classes
Agedo encompasses the following:
- Based on Shotokan Karate, it contains many of the hard, linear movements that exemplify the karate styles.
- Agedo also contains many elements from the softer styles: turning of another’s energy, energy conservation, strategy and circular movements.
- Every technique is practical in application and the bunkai (reasons behind the moves) are taught to make the art a useful part of the student’s abilities.
- Agedo also challenges the mental aspects of students: study is involved and books are assigned for reading and to gain knowledge.
- “Breaking” challenges the spiritual parts of those in Agedo, and is an integral part of one’s learning – teaching the student to focus, learn to use proper techniques, how to concentrate their energy and how to put aside one’s fears.